Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

assembly required


Joss & Main is an online shop where every day, they have deals from different designers and vendors.  It's totally free to sign up, and you get emails everyday on items that are currently on sale.  These sales last for only a few days and some are limited quantity, so if you really like something, better get it ASAP.  They have everything you can think of for the home - furniture, antiques, kitchenware, books, kids' stuff, art, you name it.  There's a little something for everyone.  It's fun to browse through and it's so tempting to buy something that you don't really need.  And if you're an impulse shopper like me, this is not good!

Which leads me to these chairs.  I opened my Joss & Main email one morning to see what they have in store that day, and I found these.  I was looking for some accent chairs to go in front of the window in the formal living room.  I loved the detail of the back.  It was sleek and modern, and very unique.  I showed Paul and he told me to get it if it's what I really wanted, so I bought them.  They were delivered in boxes while Paul was working from home, and he hates anything that required assembly.  He struggled to put the first one together, and quit after that, leaving the second one for me to do when I got home.  Miraculously, the second one was a breeze!  Must have been my magic touch (Paul did help me with some parts)!

ANYWAY, the chairs are a little on the low side.  I think that's how most modern pieces are.  I'm not sure if they were really worth what I paid for.  I guess you learn from your mistakes.  But, they are pretty comfortable, and they do make a statement in any room.  If I'm really ambitious, I could reupholster the seats with some colorful, patterned fabric.  Right now, one is sitting in the formal living, and I moved the other one in the family room.  We bought two other accent chairs, which I will be picking up this afternoon.  I'm so excited!  Here's a little peek:


When we were at Weir's shopping for a dining room set, this coffee table caught my eye.  It was exactly what I was looking for, and the the price was unbeateable - $149.99!  It's similar to the the coffee tables seen in these room inspirations. 

{ Source via here via Pinterest }

{Source via here via Pinterest}

And the best part was that it was delivered, fully assembled!  Gotta love Weir's!

So our living room is coming along slowly.  I still have a few pieces to show you next week.  Until then, enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Don't you love it when you get what you were dreaming about? Can't wait until it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm yesss...hahaha! really loving this table!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...