Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

happy 2012!

I hope you all had a fabulous time ringing in the New Year.  The last few days of 2011 was pretty calm for us.  Did a lot of cleaning for a fresh start.  Here are some Instagram pics from the weekend.


12/30/11 - I spent most of my day off with my Mom.  I played with her new Keurig that us "kids" gave her for Christmas.  This is my first time ever to use one, and I was intrigued by how it worked.  So anyway, this is my analysis on how that k-cup turns into coffee.  Yup, I am a loser. 


12/31/11 - I went for a run to finish off the year.  According to Run My Route,  I ran about 3.26 miles.  Not bad for not running since probably close to Thanksgiving.  Eek!  And I don't even want to mention how long it took me.  I've neglected Words With Friends for a while, but since the holidays, I've had more time to actually keep up.  96 points is probably the highest I've ever gotten.  What is your highest scoring word?

So this was my outfit for New Year's Eve.  We were going to a pub and we had to dress in black and/or white.  Does this scream "off to work", and not so "happy new year"-ish?  Oh well.  I wanted to cover my rolls stay warm (please excuse the white mark on the mirror on my right leg.  I thought I windexed it pretty good).  And this is my first "outfit pic with my phone in front of a mirror" post.  Nervous!  I don't recommend this, but I do send pics like this to my sister and my cousin to get their approval on outfits.  Don't act like you haven't done this before!



I put on some red lips and gold necklace for the night.  The whole time though, I was paranoid that lipstick got on my teeth, and my brother said it was too "bright," but what do boys know! 

We had dinner at my sister's boyfriend's brother's house (did you get all that?) before heading out to the The Londoner.  Justin was the best man at our wedding, and his birthday is on NYE.  I'm glad we were there to celebrate with him.  The picture on the right was taken about 20 minutes before midnight.  That's the birthday boy, and right behind him is an ambulance that came to wheel someone out of the pub.  What a terrible way to end the year. 


After two failed attempts at taking a picture with one hand, I finally asked someone to take our picture.  So this is technically our third picture of 2012.  The one on the right is basically my point of view all the time, since Paul is 6'3" and I'm 5'1", although I think I took this when I was sitting down.  Not too shabby of a view, if I do say so myself. 


01/02/11 - One of my New Year's resolutions is to read more books.  More about my resolutions on another post.  My brother-in-law is staying with us for a month until they can move into their new house, so that gave me a good reason to buy new lamps for our bedroom that I've been bugging Paul about.  More on that too. 

And now I'm back to work, and have the case of the "Mondays" on a Tuesday.  It's always a struggle going back after the holidays.  And it's going to take me a few months to get used to writing 2012 on everything!

2 comments:

  1. You ran to finish the year out and I was shoving ice cream down my throat :) I love your red lipstick and necklace! I also love that quote about reading. I'm a total bookworm. Sounds like you had a good few days, besides the whole being-back-at-work thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Aissa!!!

    Love the NYE outfit and the lipstick.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...