Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

i love lamb

On our birthdays, Paul and I like to get dressed up (as in me wearing heels and Paul wearing a button up) and go out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate.  We figured we should take advantage of this time while we still can.  This Saturday, we ate at Bob's Steak & Chop House for an early birthday celebration (my actual birthday is tomorrow).  Paul's been wanting to try this place for a while, so I finally agreed.


I wore my cobalt/electric blue pants for the occasion, and Paul couldn't believe I was going to wear them out for dinner.  I told him, "hey, it's my birthday, I can do whatever I want!"  I tried to rock the John Travolta pose, but it turned out looking more like me casting a spell - "Lumos!" (HP reference). 



We were seated right next to their wine cellar.  Ooh lala!  We didn't get wine though.  I had one of their seasonal cocktails and it was yummy.  Their bread was really good too!  We had calamari for our appetizers and I had their wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing and bacon.  I wish I didn't eat too much because I was full by the time they brought out our entrees.  I had the rack of lamb with skillet fried potatoes topped with sauteed onions and gravy.  My gosh it was so good!  You really can't go wrong with lamb.  And every entree comes with their ginormous glazed carrot!  Oh and they asked me if I wanted the jelly stuff with my lamb, and I said yes.  But when they brought it out, I remembered why I didn't like it.  It tastes like mouthwash, or something that your dentist cleans your teeth with.  Does anyone actually like this jelly stuff with their lamb? 

They gave us a complimentary dessert.  I chose the brownie sundae, their most popular dessert.

Man, the lighting was not very flattering on me.  But see that couple in the back, on the left hand corner?  They made our night so memorable!  There was possibly some illegal substance taken beforehand, and lots of PDA going on, which led to old men taking pictures with their phones.  Paul had to give me a play by play.  I sure hope they got home safe.  


 Our only good picture that night.  Sad. 



I love lights on trees.  It makes the night so magical!


Our leftovers were still delicious the next day. 

What a good way to end the first week of the new year, and a great way to kick off my birthday week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...