Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

homeless


We said our final goodbye to our first home on Sunday afternoon.  I didn't think I was going to cry because I was so exhausted, but I did choke up as we drove off.  We tried to clean up the place as much as we could for the new owners, hoping that they'd fall in love with the house all over again.  I hope they will share many memories in their new home and enjoy it as much as we did. 

Above is a picture of Bailey that I took on Friday, her last full day at the house.  She was completely stressed out over the weekend and had no idea what was going on.  She didn't even have a proper goodbye!

"Homeless" is a bit of an exaggeration.  We're temporarily living with my Mom until our new house is finished.  They are promising us that it will be done by the end of December, but that does not really sit too well with us knowing that my due date is December 20th.  We would love to bring our baby boy home to a finished nursery.  We're praying that all goes well and that everything will work out in our favor.  FYI - we signed on this new house a month BEFORE we found out I was pregnant!

We're all still adjusting to our new living situation, especially Bailey.  Every now and then, she stares at us and/or stands by the front door, like she's asking to go home.  It's a little cozy with all our stuff crammed in my old room, but we're thankful that we have a place to sleep and we're able to save during these next few months.  All the sacrifice and waiting will definitely be worth it once we have the keys to our new home, and Baby T will be a sweet icing on the cake to top it all off!  It's like we're having two babies at the same time!

Here's to surviving the next couple of months.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...