Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

this is 30

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope 2014 has been good to all of you so far.  Things have been a little busy around here.  We've all just gotten over being sick since NYE.  So as you can imagine, our celebration was not the most fabulous.  But we're ok with that.   Last week, I started working from home part time for my old employee.  I had to say goodbye to what little time I had left for myself, but so far it's working well for us.  And just last Friday, I turned the big 3-0!


It was a quiet celebration with my two boys.  Paul got me breakfast, lunch and the most chocolate-est chocolate cake he could find, per my request.  We had dinner that evening with my Mom, brother and soon to be sister-in-law to finish off the day.  On Saturday, Paul took me out on a date at a steak restaurant.  We ate (and spent) way too much and I'm still dreaming about my filet mignon and lobster!

People have said that 30 is the new 20.  I know that I'm a completely different person than I was 10 years ago.  I may have some regrets (who doesn't), but I couldn't be happier with how my life has turned out so far.  I'm forever grateful each and every day.  I'm looking forward to what this decade has in store for me.  Let's see if it's really flirty and dirty.  Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...