Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

missal in my pocket

I am Catholic.  I was baptized, had my First Holy Communion, Confirmation and celebrated the Sacrament of Marriage .  I even went to a Catholic school for most of elementary through high school.  One of the first things we did when we got married was register as parishioners at the church close to our house.  I felt like such an adult!  This is all I've known all my life.  I'm not saying I'm religious.  I could use some work in this area, but we try to go to church every Sunday and say our prayers at night.  So when the priest made an announcement that there were going to be some changes made to the Mass (beginning November 27th), it made me sort of question myself.  I'm not quite sure what the changes are exactly, but from what I gather, I think they're changing some of the prayers said at Mass (via here). 

I read in this Sunday's Bulletin that there's a free app you can download called iBreviary Pro Terra Sancta (or iBreviary TS).  It has the order of the Mass (old and new), readings, prayers, lectures, etc., right at your fingertips.  This is a great tool for reflection, prayer, and gives you less of an excuse to not have time for God.

Ok, reflection over.  Let's go watch some reality tv!  A new Jersey Shore episode is on tonight (fist pump)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...