Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

thanksgiving weekend

I'm so sad that my five day weekend has come to an end.  I can really get used to this routine!  Here's a quick recap of my "vacation."



We hosted our very first Thanksgiving this year, and I was a little nervous about how my turkey was going to turn out.  I've eaten plenty of turkey in my lifetime, but never actually cooked one myself.  Luckily, my coworker gave me some of her recipes and they were a success!  I'll be sharing the recipes with you these next few weeks, and maybe you guys can try them for your Christmas feasts.



Friday, we decided to skip out on the early Black Friday rush and put up our Christmas Tree.  I think we're going to make this a tradition.  Unless you're buying electronics, I don't think it's worth going super early.  My sister and I went right before midnight about two years ago, and I was exhausted, and a few hundred bucks poorer = not worth it.  Why waste precious hours of sleep for this?  Seriously, there are some savages out there.  We did make our way to Target and Best Buy later that evening and came out with two XBox 360 games (Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports 2, to be exact) for the price of one.  And we're no gamers either!



On Small Business Saturday, we made our way to downtown McKinney to support our local shops.  I've been meaning to stop by bloom since it opened last September.  It's owned by fashion blogger Kendi from Kendi Everyday.  I love her style and it was so nice to have finally met her.  She's even more gorgeous in person!  I only bought a necklace, but I'll be sure to come back (without Paul) and give myself plenty of time to look around.  She had a lot of super cute stuff though.  And when I get the courage and the right staple pieces in my wardrobe, I'd love to try her 30 for 30 Remix.  I'll let you know when I get there!

The Square also had lots of antique stores and they had some very unique pieces.  I actually had self control that day, and only bought two candles.  Pretty proud of myself!  Although one store was giving out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and I couldn't resist.  You just can't pass up free cookies, especially when they're fresh! Paul immediately said, "no thanks," but I confidently replied,"oh YES, please!" like I'm 5. He can't take me anywhere!




Winter is finally here and it was a boots and scarves kind of weekend.  Yesterday was extra windy, but groceries had to be done.  I put on this "dove" scarf for a quick fashion fix. 

How did you spend your Thanksgiving weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...