Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

weekend wrap-up


Had a laid back Friday night.  We picked up some Little Caesar's pizza.  Wow, that is the place to be on Friday nights!  The line was out the door, but they had people out of there pretty quickly.  I'm currently reading this book and it's been keeping me up at night.  I had every intention of reading while sipping some wine, but we got caught up watching Selling Spelling Manor on HGTV.  I swear, I can watch HGTV and the Food Network all day.


My red pants made its debut on Saturday.  My brother said it reminded him of Superman.  So when I need a pick-me-up, I should wear them so I will feel like a superhero!  It might have been a little "like, whoa" for a baby shower, but whatev.

My friend Stephanne hosted our Favorite Things party, which we originally wanted to do for Christmas but couldn't find a good date for everyone to get together.  We had to pick one favorite thing worth $6-$8, and buy three of the same thing.  We wrote our names on a piece of paper three times.  Each person introduces their favorite thing, then draws out three names of the people who will be going home with their favorite thing.  In the end, everyone ends up with three gifts.  I hope that made sense!  It's a great idea, and we'll probably do this every year.  Thanks Stephanne for introducing it to us!  By the way, this girl is so crafty and always has great ideas.  Every get together, she goes above and beyond and makes giveaways for us.  So really, I shouldn't have been surprised when I found this on her table. 


And she is quite the baker/cook too.  She even made the cakes for our wedding.


So Stephanne, no pressure, but GET BLOGGING!


And I also found this in her bathroom.  I use a lot of toilet paper, and if you're lucky, I just may clog up your toilet!  Sadly, this has happened multiple times.


I've been working on this for the past week or so.  My fish scale art is finally complete!  Paul helped me hang it up yesterday and I'm pretty happy with the results.  More on that on my next post. 

I hope you guys had a great weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. Like I said love the red pants!!! Stephanne should definitely have a blog she is so creative...I didn't know that quote was from her house. Amazing! I may ask permission to copy that for my bathroom haha. Anyway, I can't get over this fish scale art-I have an obsession with gold right now and it just gives your dining area a good dose of sparkle! It looks very classy - can't wait to see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the bathroom quote off one of those random quote websites. There were a lot of funny ones out there but I ended up with that one.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! The post will be up tomorrow. You could even do it with different colors too, like the peacock colors *hint Stephanne*

      Delete
  2. Ok, talk about no pressure to start blogging!!! haha...great post btw ;)
    The fish scale art turned out really nice! Makes me want to make something for my bare walls. Maybe that will be my first blog post! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K, wow, totally didn't know they had a reply on this comments section. Must be a new feature. Once you find a name that hasn't been taken, get blogging. OMG, I'm excited for your first post. I'll be your first follower!

      Delete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...