Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

homegrown

Over the Memorial Day Weekend, we drove down to Houston to spend some time with my in-laws.  We haven't been back since January, and a visit was long overdue.  They showed us their garden, which they're very proud of.  It's a lot of work, but they now have endless vegetables and fruits to last them for the rest of summer. 


They have corn, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, blueberries, blackberries, fig trees, watermelons and green onions, just to name a few. 


They've also got grapes growing.  We joke that maybe one day, they should start their own winery.  That would be so awesome!


Bailey wasn't too impressed by the garden.  All she cared about was getting her tan on.  That's my girl!


Now, we have two bags full of cucumbers, squash and green beans, and I have no idea what to do with them yet.  We went through a cucumber and squash phase for two weeks straight, and I don't know if I can handle any more.  If you have any good recipes, send them my way!

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...