Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

summer love + my 100th post!

Happy June everyone!  Although summer doesn't officially start until June 20th, I start celebrating the beginning of summer on the first of June.  Here are a few reasons why I love this season, and what I'm looking forward to in the next few months.

Me awkwardly posing next to a palm tree in a fun dress and flip flops (Secrets Maroma, 2010)

Fashion.  Summer fashion is so fresh and fun.  My summer clothes are way more exciting than my winter ones.  Bring on the shorts, skirts and dresses!  I usually live in flip flops when I'm not at work.  If I had a choice, I'd wear them all day, every day!  The key to summer fashion is = less is more.  But please, keep your pants on!

Maui 2011

Vacations.  Every year, we try and do one trip over the summer.  We usually go someplace tropical where we can enjoy the beach with some cold alcoholic beverage.  Jamaica was our first vacation together, and that's where Paul proposed!  On our honeymoon, we went to Riviera Maya, Mexico, and just last year, we went to Maui, my dream come true!  This summer, we're skipping out on the beaches and going to Belgium and Ireland.  This will be my very first time ever being on European soil.  I can't wait!  

Our Wedding 6.19.10 {Shari Hunt Photography}

Weddings.  Which leads me to weddings.  Summer is the time for weddings, and I love them.  We're going to Ireland to be a part of my cousin/best friend's wedding - in a castle!  We're also attending our second wedding of the year tomorrow.  Love is in the air!


Celebrations.  This month, we're celebrating Paul and Bailey's birthdays.  It's also our second Wedding Anniversary on June 19th.  In August, we're going to Missouri for my sister's white coat ceremony, as she starts Med School.  Oh, and Fourth of July calls for some fireworks.  Looove them!

A classy citizen on the Dallas North Tollway

School's out for the Summer.  Meaning less cars on my way to work, meaning I can sleep in just a few more minutes in the morning!

Old Lahaina Luau 2011

Soaking up the Sun.  I would love to go to the beach, but laying out by the community pool will have to do.  Or the backyard with a good book, Bailey by my side, and Paul fanning me. =)  I'd love to see sunsets more often, like this one.

I'm sure I've got plenty of other reasons why I love summer so much, but that's the best I can do for now!

And what a better way to start a new month with my 100th POST!   I hope to keep this thing going for 100 more.   I hope you stick around for the ride!

Cheers to the freakin' weekend - Rihanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...