Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

jacksonville, FL

A few pictures from our trip.

My cousin's cute dog named Drew.

My Mom, Aunt, cousins and I woke up bright and early for a 9am Zumba class.  I've only done one zumba class before this one, and forgot how much fun it was!  It's great because you don't even realize it's a workout since you're basically dancing.  Before you know it, you're sweating bullets!  I highly recommend it!  It was held at this pretty golf club.  I really wanted to take this picture because of the palm trees.  Love!

My cousin's "mansion", with the golf course as their backyard. 

We had Cajun style shrimp, crawfish and crab legs for lunch.  It's been a while since I've had a seafood feast like this one! 

 My Mom with her brother and sister.

 Karina and me with our cousins.

After lunch, we watched my cousin's son's band perform at a Relay for Life event.  The same teacher who taught us Zumba that morning so happened to be teaching at the same event, so we stayed for another 30 minutes and did Zumba for the second time that day!

And this is just a few of what we had for dinner - "lechon" or roast pig, and turkey.


Oh, and this happened. 
My cousin's house turned into a disco after dinner!  My Mom's side of the family gets serious when it comes to dancing and having a good time!

So those are some of the highlights of our trip.  Very short, but sweet.  We didn't do the usual touristy things, since we did that the last time we were there in 2009.  Hopefully our next visit will be longer.  I'd love to visit St. Augustine, especially after seeing this cute family's pictures from their recent visit. 

I hope you spoil your mothers this weekend, and every day.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...