Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

a mickey mouse clubhouse party

I've been planning a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed birthday party for Little H for months.  He has been a huge fan of the show since, well, since he was just a few months old.  We decided to keep it small with just our family.  I was a little bummed that we had to cancel it and turned out to be an even smaller gathering on his actual birthday.  But the important part was that we were able to celebrate his day of birth.  Here are some pictures from his party.


I used this recipe to make his smash cake.  And for the bunting, I used fancy straws and washi tape from Target.  I also wrote his name in Disney fonts.  #intoit.  And I'm in love with this milk glass cake stand.


I made party favors Toodles' mouseketools for our special guests.  I filled the bags with stuff from the dollar section at Target.  That place is dangerous!


I made simple labels for all the items on our spread.  The menu included Pluto's Pizza, Daisy's Dip, Minnie's Frilly Fries and Mickey shaped chicken nuggets.  


I bought these ginormous balloons at Party City.  They're so much fun, I think I'm going to do this every year for everyone's birthdays.  Here is H getting ready to eat breakfast early that morning.  And look at that wave!  What a good sport!


As for the smash cake.  I have been waiting for this moment for a year, and my little boy just pushed the cake away and didn't want to have anything to do with it.  Not going to lie, my feelings were hurt.  I was thinking, "who is this child?"  We did have Round 2 this weekend in Houston with Paul's family and it made up for the first one.  He smashed that cake all over his hands, face and the floor!


Poor guy.  He had such a long, eventful day.  But I think he had fun.  I sure did!  Maybe next year he'll be more aware that all of this was for him. 


We love our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...