Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

recipe | pumpkin nutella swirl bread

Who isn't obsessed with Nutella?  I fell in love with it for the first time back when we were living in Indonesia, and my Mom bought a jar.  I remember thinking, whoever thought of making a chocolate spread was an absolute genius!  My Mom started putting it in our sandwiches, and then I had the brilliant idea of getting a heap of it on a teaspoon and just started eating it right off the spoon.  Until today, it brings back memories of my childhood everytime I eat a spoonful of Nutella.  I try and avoid buying a jar all together because I have no self control!

So I was browsing through Pinterest one October day and found this recipe.  I was mainly looking for a pumpkin bread/cake recipe, so the Nutella in this recipe was just like the cherry on top!  This can make either loaves, or muffins.  I chose to make one loaf using a regular loaf pan.  Depending on what you're making, the cooking time is different.  This was really easy to whip up, and makes your home smell like Fall! 


Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 (heaping) tbsp Nutella

Preheat oven to 350º F.  Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl.  In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.  Stir in dry ingredients to wet ingredients until combined.  Pour batter in loaf pan, making sure it is nice and even.  Drop 4 heaping tablespoons of Nutella in the batter and swirl using a knife.  Place pan in the oven and bake for 60 minutes (for muffins, bake for about 15-20 minutes), or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool for about 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan. 

NOTE:  I did notice after I took the pan out of the oven that the middle part started to sink.  This was where most of the Nutella settled, so try to drop and swirl the Nutella evenly to avoid this from happening.  I must say though, this was the best part of the bread!

And while we're on the topic of Nutella, if you haven't grabbed one already, go to your nearest Walmart and get yourself one of these.  Pure awesomeness!  Maybe I won't need my spoon anymore!


________________________________

** Thankful for those who served/are serving their country this Veterans (US) / Remembrance (CA) Day **

1 comment:

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...