Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

diy | letter ornaments

I thought I'd get crafty this season.  I'm not sure if this is even considered crafting because it's too easy.

Supplies

- wooden cut out letters (purchased mine from Michael's)
- newspaper or cardboard
- gold spray paint, or color of your choice
- ribbon


1.  Place the wooden cut out letters upside down and spray paint the back.  Spray paint a think coat first, keeping the can a few inches away from the letters.  Allow about 15 minutes to dry in between coats.  I applied two coats to the back.  NOTE:  Don't spray paint on a rainy and windy day.  See the paint built up on the "P"?


2.  When it's completely dry, turn the letters over and spray paint the front.  I did about 3 light coats, making sure I got the sides of the letters. 
(Peanut Butter and a little bit of AWESOME!  Or the Philippine Basketball Association)

3.  Here's where you have a few options.  Originally, I was just going to take my gold ribbon and nicely tie it around my letters and do a loop.  Then, I tried making a loop with the ribbon first, and gluing it on the back of the letter with a hot glue gun.  My handy husband watched as I did this, and suggested he drill a hole on the letter for me to loop the ribbon through.  That idea crossed my mind, but I wasn't going to drill anything.  So I let him try it on one, and it's just what I needed! 


 4.  Loop the gold ribbon through the hole, and hang on the tree for all to see! 


If you want, you can add gold glitter to give it that wow factor.  I love how it sparkles next to the lights and adds a bit of personal touch to our Christmas tree.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! Hm, I think I may JUST have enough time to squeeze this DIY in before Christmas. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...