Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

recipe | cranberry orange relish

I was never big on cranberry sauce with my turkey.  But this recipe just about changed my mind.  It is great with turkey, and really good by itself, almost like dessert, really.  Paul actually ate it for breakfast.  This is really easy to whip up and you can make this the day before your feast. 

NOTE:  My coworker also gave me this recipe.  Not sure of the original source.


Cranberry Orange Relish

2/3 cup orange juice
3 tbsp orange marmalade (this is a guesstimate - I put heaping spoons full of this)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 (12oz) bag of fresh cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
orange zest (optional)

In a sauce pan, heat all the ingredients, but the cranberries, until the sugar is completely dissolved.  Add the cranberries and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and stir until cranberries have popped, about 3 to 4 minutes.  Remove from the heat and stir in pecans.  Chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...