Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

fort worth stockyards

A few weekends ago, we took a day trip with my brother-in-law and family to Fort Worth, about an hour away from Dallas.  I've only been there twice.  Once was when we first moved to Texas, and a family friend took us to downtown Fort Worth for an evening.  Another time was when Paul had a possible job interview five years ago, and I cried!  Don't ask!  Anyway, this was my first time at the Stockyards, and it was fun!


First thing we did was eat lunch.  We got there around 2pm, and realized we hadn't eaten lunch.  What were we thinking!  Don't have any pictures, but we ate at Cattlemen's Steak House and it was really good! I had their Caesar salad and chicken fried steak with fries.  Not sure if it was because I was uber thirsty, but their iced tea was very tasty too.   

We finished right at 4pm, and our waiter told us that we should head on over to Cattle Drive immediately to watch the herd.  It's held twice a day at 11:30am and 4pm.  They weren't kidding when it started at 4!  We probably got there at around 4:08, and it was basically over.  This is all I got from it. 


They had some cattle in different spots where you can pay $5 to ride it and take pictures.  Poor things.


I also took this shot from the behind.  Real mature, Aissa!  Proof #100 of why Paul can't take me anywhere.


Other pictures from the day.


Look at all the tourists with their fancy cameras.  It's good I didn't bring mine that day!  I would have blended right in!


This girl looks lost.


Paul and I


We'll probably go back another time, preferably when it's cooler out.  They have really cute boutiques and little shops for souvenirs, candy shops, and lots of places to eat.  If you're ever in the DFW area, this should be on your list of things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...