Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

baby's first book collection

As I mentioned on a previous post, I'd love to put a bookshelf in Baby T's future nursery.  So for the past week, I've been on a hunt for some picture books for the baby's first book collection. 


I Wish... by Jillian Harker / Love You Forever by Robert Munsch / Arthur Goes To Camp by Marc Brown / On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier /  Clifford Collection by Norman Bridwell / Henry's Amazing Imagination by Nancy Carlson / Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney / Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin / Good Sports: Rhymes About Running, Jumping, Throwing and More by Jack Prelutsky / The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery / Corduroy Lost and Found by B.G. Hennessy / The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter / Curious George by H.A. Rey / The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle / Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown / Corduroy by Don Freeman

I purchased the majority of these books at Half Price Books, ranging in price for as low as $2.00 and as high as $8.00.  If you don't care for new books and are on a budget, I definitely recommend buying used books at your local used bookstore. 


As for The Little Prince Pop Up Book, I splurged on this one and bought it at Anthropologie.  I saw it last year and I've been waiting to get pregnant to have a reason to buy it - ha!  Here's a little peek of the inside.

 
This was one of my Dad's favorite books and it has many lessons on life.  I'm sure Baby T won't really appreciate it until he's a little older, but I thought this would be a good one to add to my his collection.

Bailey was not happy with all the attention the books were getting, so she decided to lay next to them.


This little basket is filling up fast, but I'm not done yet!  My goal is to try and collect all of the books on this list.  My sister also sent me this link on kids' books about color.  With these great lists combined, we might end up with a whole study full of books before the baby arrives!

Do you guys have any favorite kids' books that you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...