Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

nursery revealed

At last, I can finally show you pictures of Little H's nursery.  Again, it's not completely done, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.  So without further ado...come on in!

 

First up is this convertible crib (found here).  I would have loved a white crib but Paul thought it was too girly.  Waaah!  Maybe we can get a white one if/when we have a little girl in the future.  This was a great compromise though.  It's very solid and will surely last for years to come.


The crib bedding set is from Target.  This was the inspiration for the nursery and my alligator-themed baby shower


I like to call this my little area of the nursery.  The chair is from Joss & Main, first mentioned here.  I added a fun chevron pillow for some fun and comfort.


The pouf and side table were both on sale at Target. 


For the changing station, we bought this Hemnes 8-drawer dresser from Ikea in black-brown.  Assembly took a good afternoon and a bleeding husband.  I gave him a hand by putting the drawers together as he worked on the main body.  Eventually, I would love to change out the knobs with some colorful ones.  I almost considered replacing the first four with these turtles but they look too elegant for a boy's nursery.


Hello big boy! 


My favorite part of the nursery is probably the bookshelves.  These were purchased during our recent trip to Ikea.

 

This is my view while nursing.  You're welcome.


Other details of the room.


I'm trying to collect artwork to hang on the bare walls.  I'm also in search of some affordable blackout curtains.  I really need to start sewing!  By the way, the paint color is Benjamin Moore's Palladian Blue, color matched by our painters who used Glidden paint.  These pictures don't really do it justice, but the color changes depending on how the light hits it.  It's actually more of a greenish-blue in person. 

I'll keep you posted on any updates.  I hope you liked my little tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...